[RESOLVED] Upgrade failed 14.0.3

Hello guys,

good evening and hoping everything is going well.

i have an issue that i cant get past thru.

i recently tried updating my server from 13.0.3 to 14.03 and looked like everything went ok until after disabling maintenance mode.

i got the following error on the website:
The files of the app (files_videoplayer), (lookup_server_connector) were not replaced correctly. Make sure it is a version compatible with the server.

i cant get past this error message… i tried using the OCC upgrade and got the same error message.

Can you please provide me some guidance on how to get it back to work?

Thanks in advance!!

The best is to disable these apps, you can use the occ command (app:disable) for this as well. Then run the upgrade and you can install the apps again. You can check on apps.nextcloud.com if the apps are available in the new version as well.

i tried disabling files_videoplayer successfully.

When trying to disable lookup_server_connector i got the following error:
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
lookup_server_connector can’t be disabled.

when trying to run the updater from the command line i get the following:

sudo -u www-data php ./occ upgrade Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available

You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
UnexpectedValueException: The files of the app “lookup_server_connector” were not correctly replaced before running the update
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

and cant get past that error message, the main website is still down.

any advise?

1 Like

y’all have any ideas on how to fix this?

anyone?

ive been searching for this error message deeply in the forum and no-one seems to have experienced it.

please help.

1 Like

How did you get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue.

1 Like

what i did was copy the lookup_server_connector from the latest.zip and copied it over to my data folder.

after that i was able to perform the update normally but started getting code check errors, so i ended up reinstalling nextcloud since i couldnt find any possible fix and i was getting frustrated.

1 Like

Hi, I solved this modifying the oc_appconfig and setting the “user_external”,“enabled” to false.
HTH