Upgrade and redis

I’m assuming since it’s a cache, is it normal that I have to restart redis after an upgrade? I don’t see it in the documentation (maybe I’m blind) for an upgrade that mentions this step.

Thanks.

I haven’t heard of such a requirement myself, are you seeing errors or just looking for best practices?

I never restarted redis after nc upgrade and everything seems to work fine: No errors, no admin panel warning about missing file caching.

As redis is a stand alone server, independent of nc, I guess it will “clean” itself automatically when resources are not in use anymore, e.g. freed because of an nc upgrade ;).

Thanks for the responses… I guess it doesn’t matter to me as I just am in the habit of doing it now, but whenever I do an upgrade and don’t restart redis, the login page shows up, and upon logging in it goes blank for a second then comes back to login.

No big deal, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong.

Thanks!

That sounds buggy, so suggest you create an issue on github.

I’ve seen similar odd things like missing thumbnails or blank pages in apps after upgrading, so I usually do a redis-cli flushall. This always fixes the problems.

1 Like