Upgrade 18.0.14 to 19.0.11 fails

Have been loving nextcloud for 1.5 years right now, reached an unsupported version so Trying to initiate upgrade from 18->19 (and then 20)

Doing this via console, running sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar I get an error as below.

I get the following error:
2021-05-05T16:16:43+00:00 Checked for update of app “viewer” in appstore
2021-05-05T16:16:43+00:00 Checking for update of app workflowengine in appstore
2021-05-05T16:16:43+00:00 Checked for update of app “workflowengine” in appstore
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to undefined method OC\Server::get() in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php:162
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(273): OC\Repair::getRepairSteps()
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(130): OC\Updater->doUpgrade()
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(255): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute()
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1012): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(272): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/nextcl…’)
#10 {main}
Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N]

When I check my config.php, current version is still listed as ‘version’ => ‘18.0.14.1’,

Yet installer starts with:
Current version is 19.0.11 RC1.

Update to Nextcloud 19.0.11 RC1 available. (channel: “beta”)

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for expected files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for write permissions
[:heavy_check_mark:] Create backup
[:heavy_check_mark:] Downloading
[:heavy_check_mark:] Verify integrity
[:heavy_check_mark:] Extracting
[:heavy_check_mark:] Enable maintenance mode
[:heavy_check_mark:] Replace entry points
[:heavy_check_mark:] Delete old files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Move new files in place
[:heavy_check_mark:] Done

Any thoughts on where to go next with this? I have been googling without much success. Can post my config.php if that’s helpful.

Thanks in advance for the help, would love to get back up and running!

A

Hi!

I am having the exact same problem. Did you manage to find a solution?

/klarre

Hello,

thank you @A_Lips for posting this. I’m also experiencing the exact same issue. Please let me know if you found a solution.

Best regards,
Andreas

Hello,
Same problem for me. I choose to rollback to 18.0.14 (files + db).
Now the updater ask me to upgrade to 19.0.10 (not 19.0.11)

I think I’ll disable the app that cause the problem before upgrading again to 19.x.

Let us know If you found any other solution.

Hi,

the fix for this is in Use proper query method. No get yet on stable19 by rullzer · Pull Request #27041 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

And we plan to release 19.0.12 with only this fix today.

Cheers
Morris

Thank you for the quick reaction. Another instance, that I hadn’t tried to update yet, nicely updated to 19.0.12. The one that got stuck on this issue did complete the update but now insists on version 19.0.11 being the current one and does not offer to update. It also complained about Repair.php being an invalid version. The message went away after I undid the patch applied to version 19.0.12 ([stable19] Use proper query method. No get yet on stable19 by rullzer · Pull Request #27041 · nextcloud/server · GitHub).

Is there an easy way to get that instance to the current patch level? Or would that happen anyway once another patch is released? I’m alright leaving it at 19.0.11 for the time being as it obviously does nothing to compromise the servers’ security.