Upgrade 16.0.3 to 16.0.4

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 16.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

I cannot upgrade 16.0.3 to 16.0.4.
Installatron in Cpanel does not work. Incompatible version update.
The Nextcloud Updater gives the following error:

Check for expected files
The following extra files have been found:
.ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data
cgi-bin

Upon inspection .ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data contains all my data - so I cannot delete it!

How do I update?

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

can you check in config/config.php the path of your data folder?

Yes.
‘datadirectory’ => ‘/home/barkingb/cloud.barkingbandicoot.com/.ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data’

.ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data is ‘extra file’ in error.
.ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data contains all my data though!

Thanks for the help!

Probably it only takes into account the default name for a data-folder which is just data. In case of different naming, I’d put this folder outside the nextcloud main folder. Now it’s a bit late. Not sure if there is a way around with the default updater app, the manual update procedure should be more tolerant.

hmm, ok. I have no idea why it is called ht1b3fjwrp94ye.data rather than data.
Could I rename it data or will this mess with syncing?

It’s also somewhere in the database. Check out the forum, there are guides how you can change the data folder.

ok, thanks.

Hi, sorry, I have the same problem. Where you able to solve this?

These are good hints… that might help you.

1. try the manual updater.
  2. if that doesnt work, try to get your data-directory out of that folder and then update.