I’m having trouble with my install. I was using the updater app and my site seems to be in a weird state that it can’t get out of. I’ll try and outline the problems:
- I ran the updater, fixing a few permission errors & then re-ran
- The updater got to the ‘downloading’ section and then failed with a server 500 error. (That’s what the error message returned. I don’t know if it was my server or some other remote download server). I had a look at my error logs and see these to lines:
[Fri Jan 20 20:36:20.095430 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4765] [client 220.127.116.11:27108] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 31 seconds
[Fri Jan 20 20:36:20.095612 2017] [core:error] [pid 4765] [client 18.104.22.168:27108] End of script output before headers: index.php
The error message also indicated to ‘retry’ later. So I hit refresh…and then ended up at the maintenance mode screen & could not get back to the updater.
- So, I went to the commandline and disabled maintenance mode.
- I could log in again, however when I try and click on “Open Updater” button from the admin section, it returns with a blank text page (ie no html), saying:
Step 5 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.
So, being a n00b at this (this is my first update)… I’m pretty thoroughly lost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
My system is roughly:
- Ubuntu 16
- Virtualmin, so, apache and php7.
I found updater/updater.phar and ran it from the cli (as the proper user):
php updater.phar -vvv
and got this response:
Nextcloud Updater - version: 1.0.3
Step 5 is currently in process. Please call this command later.
Moved to support channel