Updater button not found on default 12.0.4 install on next box

I got my next box up and running using the ubuntu-core-16-armhf-rpi3-installer-20170329 on my new next box using a raspberry PI 3 (this was a uphill battle in itself as it turns out I had the wrong Pi version and the multiple posts regarding this on the forum were fairly confusing). This runs version 12.0.4.

I’d love to join the fun with version 13 but according to https://www.c-rieger.de/upgrade-to-nextcloud-13/ I should be able to update to 12.0.5 first using the auto updater.

Problem is, I can’t find the button anywhere in the admin settings and trying something like sudo -u www-data php nextcloud/updater/application.php when ssh-ing into the box returns sudo: php: command not found.

I’m missing something, right?

is this the “snap”-version of it? so i’m afraid you’d need to wait until the maintainers would upgrade the snap. - on the other hand… it would happen without any further problems or things you’d need to do… since it will come automatically

1 Like

is this the “snap”-version of it? so i’m afraid you’d need to wait until the maintainers would upgrade the snap.

That makes sense then. Considering the last update seems to be 12.0.4 back in march last year, is that a bad sign? Anyone knows if this is still actively maintained or if there is a way for me to roll my own?

afaik it still IS activly maintained. but upgrades might take a while, though.

for me, personally, that was too slow and so i decided to go with #nextcloudpi of dear @nachoparker… you could get informed at ownyourbits.com - and it’s an official part of the nextcloud-universe. i, personally, think it’s great and it runs pretty smooth for me.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the pointer. I’m heading there right away.

1 Like