Update to NC15 and loop alerts (many per second) : Undefined index: parent at /.../nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Cache.php#170

Hello,

Since the update to NC15, I have looped alerts, several per second to saturate the screen, with the message:

Undefined index: parent at /…/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Cache.php#170

Last line of the excerpt below:

public static function cacheEntryFromData ($ data, IMimeTypeLoader $ mimetypeLoader) {
// fix types
$ data [‘fileid’] = (int) $ data [‘fileid’];
$ data [‘parent’] = (int) $ data [‘parent’];

I do not know how to fix this error. Is it related to a bug in the new version or an update to me in the database?

For information I do not have access to OCC Command on my shared hosting. I can only use phpmyadmin commands and-or CRON jobs.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had these error messages as well yesterday after I updated the app “Groupfolders”. Did you update that app to version 2.0 as well lately?

Yes. But I have not quite updated GroupFolder in the sense that the application has been disabled during the NC15 update.
On the other hand I reinstalled the application GroupFolder in stride which is with version 2.0.
Have you found a solution?
I am quite worried about the number of errors. Would not it risk crashing my Nextcloud?

Could you try to disable the app groupfolders and check if the error message doesn’t come up any longer?

Yeah, you’re a chef! :+1::sunglasses:
I disable the application and the error stops happening.
But I can not use GroupFolder anymore.
Do I have to wait for an update? Or is there a fix?
Thanks again

:slight_smile:
The developer is writing a fix already:

I guess there will be a new version for groupfolders later today or tomorrow. I myself keep the app disabled until then.

1 Like

I confirm that the update to GroupFolder 2.0.1 solved my problem of looping logs.
Thank you a thousand times and long live the patience, the free software, the solidarity and especially the lively Nextcloud team :metal::grinning:

1 Like

Hello,
I have upgraded the GroupFolder 2.0.1, but the issue still remains!
Any suggestions?

There are still issues with Groupfolders. We have to wait for a fixed version:

As far as I can tell, version 2.0.1 only brought back the support for NC14, while 2.x release was only available for NC15 before.

2 Likes

I’ve upgraded to NC 15, and after few fixes using the OCC, i got things back to normal :slight_smile:
Thanks.

1 Like

Just FYI: on both, NC14 and NC15, groupfolders v2.0.1 still thoughs an unhandled exception when executing “occ groupfolders:scan folder-id”

Your right, I’ve just checked the log, I’m getting the below cron error daily.

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OCA\GroupFolders\Versions\VersionsBackend::getVersionsFolder() must be of the type integer, string given, called in /usr/share/nginx/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Versions/VersionsBackend.php on line 154

Hi,
GroupFolder 2.0.2 has been released, we just have to check the logs.
Thanks for the job :kissing_heart::hugs:

1 Like

Error seems to be still there tonight (2 times a day):
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OCA\GroupFolders\Versions\VersionsBackend::getVersionsFolder() must be of the type integer, string given, called in /nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Versions/VersionsBackend.php on line 154
:thinking: