Update Nextcloud 19.0.0 to 19.0.1

Hello Everyone,

I Got a notification about a nextcloud update being available, I decided to just go and update through the web UI.

When going to update I get an error that says the following

The following extra files have been found:

** * nextclouddata**

I went to go look for that data I found nextclouddata in the following location
/usr/local/www/nextcloud/nextclouddata

this happens to be my External Drive which holds all of my data. Do I need to Disconnect this to update?

Let me know what you think, I’m sorry if someone already posted about this.

Joe

How do you configure that?
I think it is the wong position.

Please expain your configuration.

1 Like

Hi @Dellyjoe

as @devnull said, we would need some more information. Normally, the (internal) data directory of Nextcloud is located in a folder called “data” in the root directory of the installation (/usr/local/nextcloud for you). It is possible to change this location (and even recommended) by changing the respective variable in the config/config.php file:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'datadirectory' => '/data/nextcloud',

If your data lives on a separate drive, I would recommend mounting this somewhere else than the Nextcloud installation directory and to change the configuration variable accordingly. You should be able to simply do this without any additional changes.

Once you have moved this out of your way, continue with the upgrade as started. :slight_smile:
/S

1 Like

Thank you @devnull and @simonspa for getting back to me, after doing some research on the set up I think I can answer your questions but I’m still confused on what I would have to do, and I will explain below my thinking.

From reading both your responses it seems I have my mounts set up wrong.
current mounts on my sever for nextcloud
/mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/files --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files
/mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/config --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config
/mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/themes --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/themes
/mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/db/mariadb --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/var/db/mysql
/mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/files/files_external --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/nextclouddata

Looking at the config file.php
‘datadirectory’ => ‘/mnt/files’,

I made the mount of the nextclouddata to point to my external data in my nas. Do i need to move that to #1 mount point /mnt/Tank1/nextcloud/files --> /mnt/Tank1/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/mnt/files and then delete the mount for nextclouddata?

Thank you for reading, I’m new to Nas and nextcloud in general so sorry if this is a simple issue to fix.

Joe

Why do you use the links?

What is it? What is in the link, dir or file?

1 Like

@devnull Thank you for getting back to me on a short notice.

I think the answer to your question is as follows : why do you use the links, I wanted to keep my data on nextcloud off of the jail within my freenas box. Manning if I had to delete the jail which contains nextcloud or If I mess up the nextcloud jail with an update or something else I would damage the data that I care about. That being said I use a mount point within freenas to link my external to my nextcloud fail.

Does this help with understanding?

@devnull thank you for all the help, I ended up moving the mounting point I created to /mnt/files i then removed the nextclouddata mount point and deleted the folder.

After that I was able to update as intended.

Thank you for all the help, thank you for helping me figure out how to update my nextcloud.

Joe