Update NCP to 20.0.7 or wait?

Hi, I have NCP installed on a RPI 4. Currently the latest NC vesion is 20.0.7 I think. But NCP says its 20.0.4 and “latest”. Is it ok to update NC with its built in updater or should I wait until NCP pushes an update?

https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/en/staying-up-to-date/

20.0.4 is latest stable as far as ncp dev is concerned, but if you want you can use the ncp update tool or the nc native updater, I’ d rather use the native cli then the web updater tho.

Thanks for the link. I am not sure what to do, I guess I should wait for ncp stable release.

Hi! I wonder that there is another branch “devel” that is still more up-to-date (GitHub - nextcloud/nextcloudpi at devel). The most strange thing is that there a still tags for ncp version 1.34.6 … 1.35.0 but none of these are found there way to the master. Does anyone know the reason for the non up-to-date master?

Probably waiting for bugs to pop up

just pushed NC20.0.8

2 Likes

Does NCP include @nachoparker improvements to Preview Generator? (speed up bump - thanks for great work).
I’m currently on normal NC (21.0.0) with PostgreSQL and considering awaiting for NCP 21 to jump over with sole purpose to get the goodie of @nachoparker improvements (running on Odroid N2 in docker).