Update from 13.0.1 to 13.0.4 stops - What to do with "expected files"?

Hello folks,

I am a quite newbie to nextcloud. The first time now I tried to update my nextcloud from 13.0.1 to 13.0.4 with the integrated updater. The process stops in the topic “Check for expected files”.

The following extra files have been found:
phpsysinfo
error_log
phpinfo.php
softver.txt

Unfortunately, I did not find any hint what to do now. “Expected files” logically means for me the updater searchs for them, finds them and everything is fine. Or does it mean I have to delete these files? If it is necessary to delete them I already found three of these. However, phpsysinfo is a whole folder with several subfolders and files. Does it mean I have to delete the whole folder too?

If there is a manual for this I haven’t found yet please be so kind to give me a short link to that. Otherwise I would be glad to get a little help with it.

Thanks and regards!

Hi,

This message means, that there are extra files, that don’t belong to the expected files.
To solve this issue, you only need to delete or move these files to any location outside of your Nextcloud installation folder.

If you need the files or the folder, rather move them. If they are not required, delete them :slight_smile:
To avoid this issue in the future: do not store any data within the Nextcloud folder. Better store them in the home directory of the admin user or something like that.

@Sensenei

since you are new here there’s another advise i’d like to give you: pls use the seachfunction of the forum first before posting.

jimmy

Hello you both :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for your explanations, I will try it that way.

@JimmyKater
Yes you are right. Generally I search a forum in advance and did that in that case too for a short time. However, I did not find any answer regarding my folder question. Therefore, as was unsure so I had to open a new topic for that.

1 Like