Update from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2, write permission failure on FreeBSD

I am running a Nextcloud 10.0.1 installation in a FreeNAS jail running apache24 and php54. As I understand it, the jail should be based on FreeBSD 10. I am trying to run the updater, but i get write permission failure in what seems to be all the files in the “nextcloud/updater” folder. This folder is empty now, only a index.php is there.

I have run the strong permission script supplied by the Nextcloud documentation documentation. I suspect that the updater script is trying to run as the wrong user, since the standard user is www on apache24. www should have rwx permissions in the updater folder. Normal app updates works just fine.

I have normal CLI access to the server and has usually updated with the built in package manager, but wanted to try the more automated updater app. Am I doing anything wrong, or is the updater script not working on my system?

Thanks for all help!

I think we’re experiencing the same issue

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud

should solve it… (solved it for me)

This does solve it (of course modified for my environment) What is still a bit confusing to me is that the error message is displayed for a folder that my user should have write permission, it was already owned by www. It also seems to not work with the recommended strong permissions. Is this expected behavior?