Update for Nextcloud 13?

I’m a huge fan of this app, as it has been a life saver when my users claim to not have done something with their files (delete…etc…). Being able to track the activities has been huge for us!

However, when I upgraded to Nextcloud 13 it doesn’t work anymore. I changed the version number in the xml and it still doesn’t work.

Any plans to update this please?

~wclang

I think you would need to
a. contact the current maintainer and ask for an updater
b. find a new maintainer for this app (while there wasn’t much activity, it seems dead)

a. contact the current maintainer and ask for an updater

Great idea. Unfortunately the app store does not list the contact info for any app. IMO this should be mandatory.

Yes, this app is dead. It stopped working with the upgrade to nc 12.

I suspect that an internal interface or class in Nextcloud was changed and thus no result is returrned. But I know too less about the internals and Nextcloud app developement to be of much help.

I got it working on Nextcloud 12. @wclang, try this one here:

Thank you!! I’ll test this out this weekend; I appreciate your assistance! :slight_smile:

I’d like to add a few new features like changing the datetime format and the sort order (chronologically reversed).

However, I’m not an extension dev and I also do not know the nc internals. I guess I would have to add a database table which holds this info, otherwise these settings wouldn’t be persistent.

I hereby ask for help looking into this. If you know how to accomplish above tasks, please ping me. I can add people to my gh repo for better collaboration.

I found a profile with the same developer name on github, perhaps you can contact this person to update the profile and add a link to the repo:

I’m not sure what you mean by update the profile and add a link to the repo.

There’s no activitylog repo under this user’s account. I’m not planning to be the new maintainer of this extension either. I made it work for nc12, but I’m not an extension developer as I mentioned before.
I can work with others to keep this app alive, but that’s about it.

However, if someone were to teach me how to implement the things I want to add, I’d reconsider.

I’m a quick study, so I doubt that it would take more than 2 hours with a knowledgable app dev, but I’m not willing to spent days to learn everything myself.

Sorry, I meant apps.nextcloud.com.

The developers are usually more active on IRC. If you don’t manage to find someone there, you can reach out to @jospoortvliet to get you in touch with someone. If you have specific questions, you can also open a topic in the app-developer section here on the forum.

I still do not know what the owner should do. Point it to my repo? I couldn’t even take over, if I wanted to. Without the app key, I can’t do anything. But as mentioned before, I’m currently not planning to take over the maintenance.

The developers are usually more active on IRC.

Don’t get me wrong, but I truly dislike IRC. I hardly got any useful info on IRC ever. I ask a question, wait between a few hours to days and then I give up (w/o having an answer). It is a very exhausting form of communication and I am done trying to use it.
I’m ok with direct chat and other forms of communication, but IRC is out of the question (for me).

If you don’t manage to find someone there, you can reach out to @jospoortvliet to get you in touch with someone.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

If you have specific questions, you can also open a topic in the app-developer section here on the forum.

Yes, I do. I’ll open a topic when I have a bit more time. Cheers.

The developer perhaps has a repo, or can publish it somewhere. Other option would be to have it under the wings of Nextcloud what can be better if different people work on it. That can be easier if several people are working on it. But we should get in contact with the developer.

Yes, this makes sense. However, how do you put a repo under the wings of Nextcloud? Wouldn’t it be better that a nc dev contacts the app developer? I can do it as well, but I believe it won’t be as successful.

In any case, I’ve noticed a minor issue with my current code. It’s either a css or a js problem which manifests itself in the nc navigation at the top. It’s just a cosmetic issue:

Usually the navigation is shown as follows:

When clicking on ActivityLog, the navigation looks like this:

The triangle is in the middle of the icon and not at the bottom. My css and js knowledge is pretty much non-existent, thus I don’t know how to fix it.

You can initiate the contact, there is no problem. For a repo at Nextcloud, you can get in touch with our community manger jospoortvliet.

Aaaand one thing true for all of this: come to the Nextcloud conference so we can work things out face to face! Much fun, too :wink:

https://nextcloud.com/conf - if travel and hotel costs are an issue, sent me an email (my first_name.lastname at nextcloud.com) and we can help :wink: