Unexpected character in index.php on Line 41

Hallo,

ich bin neu hier, und wollte mir heute mal Nextcloud bei einem Webhoster hochgeladen.
Wenn ich nun auf den Pfad zugreifen will, bekomme ich nur diese Warnungen angezeigt:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php.php on line 41
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php on line 41
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php on line 41

Was kann ich tun? Ich habe mir schon auf einem anderen PC noch einmal die nextcloud-9.0.51.zip heruntergeladen, und dort die index.php erneut hochgeladen. Aber leider immer noch mit dem gleichen Ergebnis.

Gruß
dopppartze

FTP? Deine Dateien sind wahrscheinlich beim upload kaputt gegangen (weil FTP) hast du ne andere upload möglichkeit?

Ja, genau, über FTP auf den Webspace.
Welche Möglichkeiten gibt es denn sonst noch ausser FTP, wenn ich keinen Physikalischen Zugriff auf den Server habe. Ich kann ja keinen USB Stick anschließen :wink:
Als FTP Client nutzte ich im übrigen Filezilla.

SFTP zb falls du ssh Zugriff hast

Do you have set the filetype (ascii/binary) for transfer set to “automatic” (asking just in case)

P.S. Just in case this turns out to be a problem of common interest as well as an according possible solution it would be helpful if the text were in English for fellow forum users not capable of speaking German :slight_smile:

Okay, I will repeat my question in english:
I tried to setup Nextcloud on a webspace.
I uploaded all the files from nextcloud-9.0.51.zip to the specific folder of the webspace.
If I try to start the installation wizard, I only get the following messages:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php.php on line 41
Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php on line 41
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/nextcloud/index.php on line 41

I also tried to upload a new index.php from a different machine via webftp. But the messages still remain.

I don’t have ssh :frowning:
Yes, the filetype was automatic. Should I try to change it?

No one has any idea? :frowning:
What I tried now: I downloaded owncloud, put up the setup-owncloud.php via FTP.
I could run the script, and it says ownCloud is installed, but when I click next, the same warning appears. :frowning:
I really need help here.

Who is the hosting provider? What is the PHP version (you may have to set a newer version than the default)?

The Hosting Provider ist Alfahosting.de
And the php Version is 7.0

Okay, here is the solution:
On a webspace I can set the php - Version in the .htaccess. But with the installation the .htaccess will be overwritten, so you have to set the php-Version again in the new .htaccess.

To bad that nobody could point me that way.
Thx guys

Well, I said it could be the wrong PHP version. You could have checked that your preference survived installation.

1 Like