Unable to Upload Via Mobile App (Android)

Support intro

Host: Dreamhost
Nextcloud version: 20.0.7
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 14 (I believe this is what Dreamhost is currently using)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache (Unknown version)
PHP version_: 7.2

The issue you are facing:
I’ve been using NextCloud on my Dreamhost server for around two years. Around a month or two ago, files from my Android (Galaxy S7) phone quit uploading. The error notifications on the phone are all either “Connection Error”, “SSL Error”, or “Unknown Error”.

In terms of nextcloud.log (error message below), one thing that I just noticed (not sure if it’s relevant) is that while I get the same error message for both window’s and mobile logins, the user name is blanked out on the mobile error messages. However, I AM logged in on mobile, and have no problem viewing the files, or creating new folders. Just can’t upload.

Two days ago I upgraded from Nextcloud 15 to 20, however the issue persists.

I do have a Let’s Encript certificate active, however I’ve been using that for roughly a year with no issue.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Unknown. It just started happening with no changes on my end.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

{"reqId":"edited out","level":3,"time":"2021-02-18T19:12:35+00:00","remoteAddr":"***.***.***.***"user":"*****","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/index.php/204","message":"PHP Startup: memcached.sess_lock_wait and memcached.sess_lock_max_wait are deprecated. Please update your configuration to use memcached.sess_lock_wait_min, memcached.sess_lock_wait_max and memcached.sess_lock_retries at Unknown#0","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.15.0","version":"20.0.7.1"}

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'edited',
  'passwordsalt' => 'edited',
  'secret' => 'edited',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'my.url.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/my_username/my.url.com/data',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '20.0.7.1',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://my.url.com',
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_from_address' => 'noreply',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_domain' => 'my.url.com',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtphost' => '**********',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'noreply@my.url.com',
  'mail_smtppassword' => '',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'updater.secret' => 'edited',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Unavailable to my knowledge

Just in case anyone stumbles across this, I decided to completely uninstall the app (I had previously just updated to the latest version), and reinstalled it. Works beautifully now.