Unable to login via web

Nextcloud version: 15.0.7
Operating system and version: Raspbian 4.14.98-v7+
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.25 (Raspbian)
PHP version: 7.0.33-0+deb9u3

The issue you are facing:

My NC server was working fine until I updated to 15.0.7 and the instant that the web interface came back up after the update I have been unable to login as a user. The web login form displays and I can enter my username and password (which I know IS correct) but when I hit enter or try to click on the login button nothing happens. It is as if the button and the form do not work at all.

Check-out if you can find any useful messages in the Nextcloud log file which gives you any hint on the root causeof the problem or use the command line client to reset the password (./occ user:resetpassword <user>).

When I try to get to the /var/www/html/nextcloud/data folder is gives an error “-bash: cd: data: Permission denied”

Is there a log file somehwere else? I use a USB RAID drive for my data but there are no log files on it.

I don’t know how your server is configured in detail, but you should clarify why you couldn’t access the data directory, where the log file is stored by default.

NC docs say the log file is in /nextcloud/data and I can’t get to that. I didn’t change the default settings so are there any other log files that would be of assistance.

Try to use sudo to access the directory. “Permission denied” doesn’t mean that the file doesn’t exist in that directory.

“sudo cd data” returns:

sudo: cd: command not found

I don’t think you can sudo with cd

What about cat /var/www/html/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log?

{“reqId”:“LWMDDCG12ConoBrPWez4”,“level”:3,“time”:“2019-05-07T17:16:39+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.105”,“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“m$HP”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/login",“message”:“You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at \var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup/intl.php#18”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS aarch64 11647.154.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.114 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“15.0.7.0”}

All the older log entries before the update have my actual username instead of just two dashes, not sure why the username is not showing up.

I have installed the php-intl extension and rebooted the server but it did not change anything. Nothing has changed and I went back to the start of the log file when NC was working fine and it has the same message with each login.

The messages are not looking like they would stop Nextcloud from working. Next you should try to set a new password on the console, using the occ command.