Unable to delete folders

I’m having issues deleting folders (not files) in my nextcloud through the web interface. I know this is a relatively common issue, in fact I’ve run into it before and simply deleted the records in the oc_file_locks table. Unfortunately that didn’t solve my issue this time around. I’ve spent the past couple of days looking through past threads and have not come up with a solution to my problem.

Here are my system details:

Ubuntu Server 16.04 (12TB, 16GB ram)
Nextcloud 11.0.1
Apache 2.4.18
PHP 7.0

Here are the error messages in the log:

Fatal	webdav	OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked: HTTP/1.1 423 "IT Business/Mobile Apps/App Projects/Apps Sideload/Burarra NT text-audio" is locked	2017-05-24T16:41:33+0930
Fatal	webdav	OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked: HTTP/1.1 423 "IT Business/Mobile Apps/App Projects/Apps Sideload/Burarra NT text-audio" is locked	2017-05-24T15:31:37+0930

Here is my config.php file:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => ***,
  'passwordsalt' => ***,
  'secret' => ***,
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => ***,
    1 => ***,
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/ncdata',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => ***,
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '11.0.1.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => ***,
  'dbpassword' => ***,
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,
  'appstore.experimental.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
    'timeout' => 0.0,
    'password' => '',
  ),
  'maintenance' => false,
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'singleuser' => false,
);

Here are the things I have done to attempt a resolution:

• delete records from oc_file_locks table
  • Turned file locking off/on in config.php
  • Increased php memory to 4GB (I was getting a low memory error)
  • Ran files:scan --all
  • Ran maintenance:repair
  • Ran redis flushall
  • Turned off Nextant
  • Reran permissions script
  • Restarted Apache & Redis
  • Rebooted entire system

From the log it appears to be a locked file issue but I can’t figure out how to unlock it. Also, it happens to every folder I attempt to delete and It’s happening to multiple users. Any ideas?

1 Like

I found the solution to my issue and am posting it hear in case anyone runs across this thread with the same issues. My issues included both the inability to delete folders and upload new folders. When attempting to upload folders the system would create the directories but not upload any of the files. It would run for hours until it eventually timed out.

I was running NC 11.0.1 and it appears that there was a webdav bug that was found and patched. I upgraded my NC to 11.0.3 which has resolved the issue.

1 Like

I also faced with the same issue on NC 13.0.0 and it solved after update to 13.0.1.