Unable to create circles since update

Good morning all

Nextcloud : 19.0.6.2
Circle : 0.19.11

Since the update, users can no longer create a circle. Only the administrator can perform this action.
Nextcloud indicates that users do not have the right to create this type of circle
In the log this message appears
TypeError: Argument 2 passed to OCA\Circles\Db\CirclesRequest::getCircle() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CirclesService.php on line 277
{"reqId":"BZrFYqo28rXJyqx0OSWJ","level":3,"time":"2020-12-23T07:40:03+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"","url":"--","message":{"Exception":"TypeError","Message":"Argument 2 passed to OCA\\Circles\\Db\\CirclesRequest::getCircle() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CirclesService.php on line 277","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CirclesService.php","line":277,"function":"getCircle","class":"OCA\\Circles\\Db\\CirclesRequest","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Api/v1/Circles.php","line":265,"function":"detailsCircle","class":"OCA\\Circles\\Service\\CirclesService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Service/PermissionService.php","line":266,"function":"detailsCircle","class":"OCA\\Circles\\Api\\v1\\Circles","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Notification/NotificationHelper.php","line":98,"function":"findUsers","class":"OCA\\Deck\\Service\\PermissionService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Cron/ScheduledNotifications.php","line":62,"function":"sendCardDuedate","class":"OCA\\Deck\\Notification\\NotificationHelper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":62,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Deck\\Cron\\ScheduledNotifications","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/cron.php","line":126,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->"}],"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Db/CirclesRequest.php","Line":192,"CustomMessage":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Deck\\Cron\\ScheduledNotifications, arguments: )"},"userAgent":"--","version":"19.0.6.2","id":"5fe2f4f4f29ab"}

An issue ticket already exists for that problem, but a solution hasn’t yet been provided afaik:

Hi J-ed,
Thanks for this answer.

I cannot reproduce your issue, and the log you are linking is initiated from Deck

Hi Culte
Thanx for answer

I found in “nextcloud.log” this line repeated indefinitely.

{“reqId”:“XHGxIVJLqgbCDRYJtWg5”,“level”:3,“time”:“2020-12-22T15:30:02+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“core”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:{“Exception”:“TypeError”,“Message”:“Argument 2 passed to OCA\Circles\Db\CirclesRequest::getCircle() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CirclesService.php on line 277”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CirclesService.php",“line”:277,“function”:“getCircle”,“class”:“OCA\Circles\Db\CirclesRequest”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Api/v1/Circles.php",“line”:265,“function”:“detailsCircle”,“class”:“OCA\Circles\Service\CirclesService”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Service/PermissionService.php",“line”:266,“function”:“detailsCircle”,“class”:“OCA\Circles\Api\v1\Circles”,“type”:"::"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Notification/NotificationHelper.php",“line”:98,“function”:“findUsers”,“class”:“OCA\Deck\Service\PermissionService”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/deck/lib/Cron/ScheduledNotifications.php",“line”:62,“function”:“sendCardDuedate”,“class”:“OCA\Deck\Notification\NotificationHelper”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php",“line”:62,“function”:“run”,“class”:“OCA\Deck\Cron\ScheduledNotifications”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/var/www/nextcloud/cron.php",“line”:126,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\BackgroundJob\Job”,“type”:"->"}],“File”:"/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Db/CirclesRequest.php",“Line”:192,“CustomMessage”:“Error while running background job (class: OCA\Deck\Cron\ScheduledNotifications, arguments: )”},“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“19.0.6.2”}

Other informations

• My nextcloud instance is linked to an active directory.
  • I have a lot of apps installed ( accessibility: 1.5.0 - activity: 2.12.1 - admin_audit: 1.9.0 - bruteforcesettings: 2.0.1 - calendar: 2.0.4 - circles: 0.19.11 - cloud_federation_api: 1.2.0 - cms_pico: 1.0.12 - comments: 1.9.0 - contacts: 3.4.2 - contactsinteraction: 1.0.0 - dav: 1.15.0 - deck: 1.2.2 - federatedfilesharing: 1.9.0 - federation: 1.9.0 - files: 1.14.0 - files_downloadactivity: 1.8.0 - files_pdfviewer: 1.8.0 - files_rightclick: 0.16.0 - files_sharing: 1.11.0 - files_trackdownloads: 1.8.0 - files_trashbin: 1.9.0 - files_versions: 1.12.0 - files_videoplayer: 1.8.0 - firstrunwizard: 2.8.0 - forms: 2.0.4 - groupfolders: 7.1.1 - logreader: 2.4.0 - lookup_server_connector: 1.7.0 - nextcloud_announcements: 1.8.0 - notes: 3.6.4 - notifications: 2.7.0 - oauth2: 1.7.0 - onlyoffice: 6.2.0 - password_policy: 1.9.1 - photos: 1.1.0 - polls: 1.6.2 - privacy: 1.3.0 - provisioning_api: 1.9.0 - recommendations: 0.7.0 - serverinfo: 1.9.0 - settings: 1.1.0 - sharebymail: 1.9.0 - sharelisting: 0.3.0 - socialsharing_email: 2.1.0 - spreed: 9.0.6 - support: 1.2.1 - survey_client: 1.7.0 - systemtags: 1.9.0 - tasks: 0.13.6 - text: 3.0.1 - theming: 1.10.0 - twofactor_backupcodes: 1.8.0 - updatenotification: 1.9.0 - user_ldap: 1.9.1 - viewer: 1.3.0 - workflowengine: 2.1.0 )
    encrypt and files_external are disabled.

But can you confirm that non-admin user cannot create circles ?

ok, well seen. My mistake, I did not check.
I got this request from a user who is on vacation now. I just did the test with another user (with the same rights) who manages to create a circle.

I have to wait for the feedback from the first user to see how he created his circles.
Thank you very much for the time spent