Unable to build Nextcloud Desktop Client

Hi,

I have tried to generate the build and installed/configured all the mentioned Softwares and libraries which includes

• Visual Studio 2017 with Desktop Development with C++
  • Git bash Setup- installed and configured Qt 5.12.5
  • Installed and configured CMake 3.14- Installed and configured Png2Icon
  • Installed and configured OpenSSL v1.1.1
  • Environment variables settings
  • and all the other necessary configurations and setups

However, after following all the guidelines and making configurations I am still not able to successfully generate the build, out of the nextCloud desktop client and getting the following build error. I don’t know if there is something wrong with their repo code or what…

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(209,5): error MSB6006: “cmd.exe” exited with code 1. [C:\Nextcloud\client-building\desktop\build\src\gui\nextcloud.vcxproj]
Automatic MOC for target nextcloudcmd
Building Custom Rule C:/Nextcloud/client-building/desktop/src/cmd/CMakeLists.txt
CMake does not need to re-run because C:/Nextcloud/client-building/desktop/build/src/cmd/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
mocs_compilation.cpp
cmd.cpp
simplesslerrorhandler.cpp
netrcparser.cpp
Generating Code…
.vcxproj -> C:\Nextcloud\client-building\desktop\build\bin\Release\nextcloudcmd.exe
“*** Build FAILED: desktop Release Win64 (single-build-desktop.bat)”
“***** Build FAILED (build.bat)”

It took me more than a day for all of the setups and configurations and resolving the issues that come on my way and unfortunately, at the last step it gives such errors on which I even not found any community reviews for it.

Please advise.

1 Like

Hi,

same problem when i try to generate build . Test Run build.bat all OK.
Have you find out solution ?

That’s more of a development question. They put on some guides on the wiki on github:

If that doesn’t help you, it’s best to check with the developers there directly. They are not often around here…