Unable to access NextCloud via WAN interface

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 16.0.0.9):
Operating system and version (CentOS 7):
Apache or nginx version (Apache 2.4.6):
PHP version (7.2.10):

The issue you are facing:

I have two network interfaces on my next cloud server. One is LAN and the other is public facing. I am able to access next cloud on the LAN interface but not the WAN interface. At no point have I been able to access Nextcloud over the internet.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

Steps to replicate it:

1. I pointed the DNS name to the WAN IP
  2. I added the DNS domain address to “trusted_domains” in the config.php file (transfer.mydomain.com)
  3. I opened port 80 on the linux firewall (I’ll configure https once I see that everything else is working)
  4. Attempting to access my nextcloud in a web browser with the DNS name results in (after a while) “Can’t Open The Page”
  5. I used a DNS lookup tool to verify that my DNS name resolves the correct IP address

What else needs to be done to allow access to NextCloud on the public facing network interface?

Thank you

did you add a port forward on your router?

And in addition to jasit’s question, does your router (internet connection) have an IPv6 address or IPv4 only? If IPv6 as well, do you have a Dual-Stack or Dual Stack Lite connection?

IPv4 only. Since posting this I realized that port 80 and 443 MIGHT be blocked by my ISP. I opened a ticket with them, probably won’t hear back til Monday. I’ll update this thread either way! I hope that’s it because I really feel like everything is setup correctly on my end.

have you scan both dns and public ip with a port scanner tool to make sure? https://hidemyna.me/en/ports/