UK Nextcloud provider

Hi
I am currently using nextcloud on a hosted/provider environment in Germany. I want to charge the cost to my UK company but it needs to be hosted in UK, anyone aware of any UK providers?
Thank you
Gerry

Maybe here a list

You might have already discounted this, but any hosted server that uses cPanel will probably have the script installer, Softaculous.
Softaculous includes Nextcloud.
It works fine for me (although, as it is a shared server, I think I am limited when it comes to doing more advanced tasks).

Ah sorry just seen this @Rix999

I do have some space on a server, in UK so maybe i can test. How easy is it to move an instance from one server to another?

Please post more details. Do you have a subdomain e.g. cloud.server.tld? Have you access to the Nextcloud configuration e.g. config.php, Nextcloud database e.g. MariaDB and all Nextcloud user data? Or is it enough to just move and lose the files and shares, contacts, calendar, … ?

What i meant was I have access to a server, with cPanel, so I might setting this up and then seeing if I can transfer. I have a tld, I dont use calendar as the calendar function isn’t helpful as I also have Microsoft 365.

I use this mainly as a dropbox alternative

You can install Nextcloud 28 on the new server. Use e.g. the same user name.

1.)
Then you can copy the data form the old Nextcloud to your client and then to the new Nextcloud (use e.g. Nextcloud Client on Windows). With a lot of data, this can take some time.

2.)
An alternative is to copy directly e.g. with ssh/scp from the old linux server to the new linux server (only directory per user /path/to/nextcloud/data/username) and then sudo -u www-data occ files:scan --all see here that the new Nextcloud database knows the new files.

Maybe you use first a new name on the new server. After all you can change the name back to the old name.

It’s easy but time-consuming.
I did what @devnull suggested:

You can install Nextcloud 28 on the new server. Use e.g. the same user name.
Then you can copy the data form the old Nextcloud to your client and then to the new Nextcloud (use e.g. Nextcloud Client on Windows). With a lot of data, this can take some time.

One thing to watch out for: my cPanel instance does not support MySQL 8 (and I think this is quite common).
See:
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nextcloud-upgrade-to-27-fails-with-error-mysql-version/171158/4

https://docs.cpanel.net/release-notes/110-release-notes/

I am guessing that this means Nextcloud will eventually stop working…?

Read for PHP requirements. You need PHP >=8.0 or you must install Nextcloud 25 EOL.

For first test (if you delete again) you can use SQLite installation.

requirements Nextcloud 28

requirements Nextcloud 27

requirements Nextcloud 26