Two Factor TOTP Provider app not available

Hi guys,

I have migrating from owncloud 9.1.5 > nextcloud 10.0.4 > nextcloud 11.0.3

Everything looks fine.

However I would like to active the Two Factor TOTP Provider but I can’t find the app to activate it. I have checked the different app sections multiple times…

Any idea?

Thanks

It’s in the app store, hence you should be able to install it. Are other apps missing too?

Yes, in owncloud I was using https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/tasks and here I can’t also find it.

That one should be available too, see https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/tasks

Could it be that you’ve set a custom app store URL in your config/config.php?

(moved to support since this problem is not specific to the totp app)

No I don’t:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'xxx', 'passwordsalt' => 'xxx', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xxx', 1 => 'xxxx', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/nextcloud/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.3.2', 'dbname' => 'xxx', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'xxx', 'dbpassword' => 'xxx', 'installed' => true, 'forcessl' => true, 'theme' => '', 'maintenance' => false, 'secret' => 'xxx', 'loglevel' => 2, 'updatechecker' => false, 'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto', );

Hmm :thinking:

Then maybe your NC is unable to connect to the app store or the internet in general. Take a look at your data/nextcloud.log, maybe it’s logging an error.

I would then suggest to file a bug report in the server repo on GitHub and fill out the full issue template.

It has access to Internet:
ping www.google.fr
PING www.google.fr (216.58.206.227) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from par10s34-in-f3.1e100.net (216.58.206.227): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=1.23 ms
64 bytes from par10s34-in-f3.1e100.net (216.58.206.227): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=1.39 ms

I was able to find to warning maybe related:
{“reqId”:“5ouDUzQ1HZY1pQWl6zzz”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx”,“app”:“no app in context”,“message”:“Missing expected parameters in change user hook”,“level”:2,“time”:“2017-04-25T08:57:32+00:00”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/nextcloud/index.php/avatar/cropped",“user”:“xxx”,“version”:“11.0.3.2”}
{“reqId”:“5ouDUzQ1HZY1pQWl6zzz”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx”,“app”:“no app in context”,“message”:“Missing expected parameters in change user hook”,“level”:2,“time”:“2017-04-25T08:57:32+00:00”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/nextcloud/index.php/avatar/cropped",“user”:“xxx”,“version”:“11.0.3.2”}

Few hours later, as you suggested I was collecting the information to open a bug but surprise now I have much more apps without changing anything.

Maybe something synchronized meantime…

Thanks for your help!

So I did the same migration from OwnCloud and am having the same issue.

What sort of timeframe did it take to resolve itself?

And just like that, with nothing changing, a bunch of new apps are now availabe, including totp…

Did the migrate+update thismorning, was missing apps all day, but tonight they are now there :slight_smile: