Try to upgrade to 11.0.3 from 11.0.2 and erroring on check expected files

I bought a preconfigured VM from techandme for ver 11.0.2. It is hardened. My site passes the security test from nextcloud with an A.

I am trying to update it with the web interface and it errors at checking for expected files.

“”""Initializing
Current version is 11.0.2.
Update to Nextcloud 11.0.3 available. (channel: “production”)
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-11.0.3.zip
**Retry update **
Check for expected files
The following extra files have been found:
results
"""""

I have looked all over the server can not find results anywhere.
I may have to change permissions on some directories to complete the upgrade.
Any ideas ?
john

Hi,
try to upgrade via the command line build-in updater, it might give you more feedback.
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/maintenance/update.html

Also, check the following post:

Thanks.

I got the VMDK from techandme.com They has a complete package all setup with a wizard that configured Nextcloud completely including even setting up lets encrypt. They also have an update script build in to the server that did the upgrade to ver 12.0 and it worked completely. They harden the system with directory permissions and other settings that make the script from nextcloud work without a lot of tweaking.
John

1 Like

Normally you have to undo the strict permission settings during upgrades. I do not know if they have already scripted something @enoch85

Yeah, you can’t use the web updater without changing permissions. But the VM is not designed to use the web updater.

We have scripted the upgrade which also updates Docker, Redis, SpreedMe, Apps and so on, plus it sets strong permissions.

To use the updater just type, sudo bash /var/scripts/update.sh

Thank you for the help.
I could figure out at first if was just files left over or what. Then I saw a post about the script.

I hope this will help others down the road.

john