Troubleshoot disabled user

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 23.0.8
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): ``
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:

We have 3 Users (A B & C) and all are admins, users A & B work fine,
Users B & C use the nextcloud calendar and contacts accessed via Carddav & Caldav via DAVx5 4.2.1.1 from android .

User C seldom signs on to Nextcloud.

At seemingly random times User C becomes disabled. It happned today, 9 days ago, and about 23 days before that.

The way this is usually noticed is that calendar updates do not get shown on the phone.

There are no error messages that I can find in the logs and the only message relating to this is shown below (the message prior was 4 days ago) and seems to say that something tried to connect and found the user disabled

Nextcloud runs on a hosted service, and has been running for 4 years, This problem has been occurring for the last 4 months possibly since the last version upgrade.

I would have expected some sort of notification or log entry saying something like “User C was disabled because of …” but I cant find this anywhere, should this info be recorded?

Are there any settings that I or my provider can change, or other advice that will enable more detailed troubleshooting of this problem?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):n

Steps to replicate it:

1. reset user
  2. wait and check for the user being disabled

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: OC\User\LoginException: User disabled

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php - line 182:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Auth->check()

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php - line 137:

Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->check()

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:

Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod()

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 456:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()

/home/oc32153/public_html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:

Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/home/oc32153/public_html/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 339:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/home/oc32153/public_html/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/home/oc32153/public_html/remote.php - line 166:

require_once("/home/oc321 ... p")v

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE