Trouble updating NC

Hi All,
Have had NC up and running without issues for a while, and logged in today and was greeted with and upgrade message.
After pressing upgrade, and waiitng about 10mins I get the following error:
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT NON_UNIQUE AS Non_Unique, INDEX_NAME AS Key_name, COLUMN_NAME AS Column_Name, SUB_PART AS Sub_Part, INDEX_TYPE AS Index_Type FROM information_schema.STATISTICS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘oc_notifications_pushtokens’ AND TABLE_SCHEMA = ‘nextcloud’ ORDER BY SEQ_IN_INDEX ASC’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

From what i could gather, the error lies with mysql but its working without issues!!

Any help appreciated
Cheers

For this specific query, the database server was not available. Can be that the number of queries it can handle are limited and heavy activity leads to such an error. Or some queries run into timeouts.

I’d check the database logs as well, if possible run upgrades through the command line where you don’t have timeouts. During upgrades, there can be changes to the database structure and depending on the table size, this can take some time.