Trashbin is slow and doesn't function reliably

Nextcloud version: 21.0.2
PHP version: 7.4.19
installed using Docker

Hello,

I just noticed that about 140gb of my files were deleted on Nextcloud because of a sync error. Fortunately, the files can be found in the trash bin, but it looks like that one isn’t working as it should. When trying to access the bin, it takes about 20-30 seconds to load and when I delete like 3 files permanently it only shows “Error while removing files from trashbin”. I’m planning to remove everything which was deleted on purpose so that I can use the “select all files” feature to restore the accidentally deleted files, but without being able to delete several files at once this isn’t possible. :frowning: Any help is appreciated. If there is an easier way to restart the files, that solution is even more appreciated!

Many thanks

Edit: I think that the deletion of my files was caused by the new virtual folder function. The files were deleted 13 days ago. That was the day when I enabled that feature on my laptop.

straight forward way

regarding files restore from trashbin - you can select multiple file by selecting first file, pressing shift and selecting last (or an intermediate file). this way you can restore/delete lot of files in efficient way… still lto clicks but it work… I had lot of files removed because of VFS issue and restored them this way.

another way

would be to setup trashbin to automatically delete files of defined age see:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#deleted-items-trash-bin

maybe something like

'trashbin_retention_obligation' => '14','14'

helps you to auto-delete files removed before you hit the issue (be careful with dates… don’t choose to small value)