TOTP Installed, but can't enable for user

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 20.0.10
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): CentOS 7.8
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.46
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.3.21

The issue you are facing:

I’ve installed TOTP and Two-Factor TOTP Provider is listed under my Active Apps. When I go to my user security settings there is a Two-Factor Authentication section with “TOTP (Authenticator app)” listed. However, this is where it differs from the documentation. I see no option to enable TOTP for any user. There’s nothing shown after “TOTP (Authenticator app)” in the Two-Factor Authentication section.

I was originally running 20.0.5 when I installed the TOTP app and had the same result. Applied the upgrade to 20.0.10 hoping the upgrade process might magically resolve the issue but it’s exactly the same.

I’ve looked around and can’t find anyone else reporting this same issue so I’ve got no idea what to look for. Any ideas?

I may have found a reason for this (but no solution as yet). I was tailing the access_log in apache and noticed that all the totp GETs are returning 404. Seems to be looking for stuff in an invalid path. eg…
GET /apps-appstore/twofactor_totp/js/main-settings.js?v=63c2df1f-0

But the physical path to the above is /var/lib/nextcloud/apps/twofactor_totp/js/main-settings.js (where /var/lib/nextcloud is the root folder). So, it should be trying to GET /apps/twofactore_totp/…

No idea why but that at least gives me additional info to search with.

I seem to be getting myself confused. Looking at my config.php, I’ve got two apps paths configured and the apps-appstore seems to point to the correct location:-

array (
0 =>
array (
‘path’ => ‘/usr/share/nextcloud/apps’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps’,
‘writable’ => false,
),
1 =>
array (
‘path’ => ‘/var/lib/nextcloud/apps’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps-appstore’,
‘writable’ => true,
),
),

So, I’ve got no idea why I’m getting 404’s for the totp stuff.

Do you actually have two directories for apps? Both paths point to the same directory, only the URL differs.