Top menu bar only displaying 4 apps

Nextcloud version: 16
Operating system and version: Ubuntu server 18.04.02
Apache version: 2.4.29-1
PHP version: 7.2

Hello!

I can only see 4 apps on the top menu bar, is it suppose to be only 4? (Files, gallery, activity and tasks)
I feel like I’ve been looking through all the settings, and I cant seem to find a way to increase the amount of apps being displayed at the top menu bar.

I’ve downloaded the AppOrder app, but there is only 4 apps there as well.
Other apps I’ve downloaded, I’m actually not sure how I’m supposed to open, I can see them in the app section as Active, but there is nowhere to actually open them, as far as I know?!

What I’ve tried:
Different browsers.
Restarted Apache as well as the ubuntu server.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, was this an upgrade or fresh install? I had a similar problem when upgrading from 15, it turned out that I had one app that wasn’t working anymore and it somehow stopped the others from loading properly. Check in the nextcloud log if you can see any errors that might explain why they don’t load.

Fresh install a couple of days old, never seen more than those 4 apps at the top.

No error messages in the nextcloud log either.

The only flag I can find is " * MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this."

I dont know if that has something to do with it?!

hmm I don’t think the 4-byte support should affect this, but probably something you should fix later.
I will suggest to disable some apps and see if it makes any difference. Start by disabling the activity app, then some of the others you don’t see.
Note that there is a limit on how many you can see at the same time - but you should get a More menu there when you have more apps than it’s room for in the top menu.
If you still can’t find the problem, post a list of the apps you have installed so far.