This video could not be loaded

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.02
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Ubuntu 18.04.1 virtualized on Windows server 2016
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.14.0
PHP version (eg, 7.1): php 7.2.14

The issue you are facing:
When attempting to view a .mp4 file in a desktop browser I receive the following error: The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported. This occurs for files over 400 MB.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. open nextcloud in different browsers result the same.
  2. same thing occurs on the mobile version

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[PHP] Error: fseek(): stream does not support seeking at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/Wrapper.php#82

GET /remote.php/webdav/DaCrew/Video/2014_10%20-%20DaCrew%20Ocho%20Rios/MAH00033.MP4
from ***.***.***.*** by claymca at 2019-01-23T05:04:46+00:00

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'occu4tz5yj3a',
  'passwordsalt' => 'asbLuxzDlx2Cb++WEdT3Ydr/cqu9fR',
  'secret' => 'pALRjVx8gyDBr73g4rOIC4viLpGeGs3sDTCpzvBtr4H3inHh',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'localhost',
    1 => 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',
    2 => '*******.ddns.net',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '15.0.2.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud_db',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'xxxxxxxxxx',
  'dbpassword' => xxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_from_address' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_domain' => 'xxxxxx.xxxt',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpname' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxx',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'xxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx',
  'mail_smtpport' => '587',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'enable_previews' => true,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
  ),
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Hi,

So 400 MB is the magical limit? Video files of the exact same type (same codec and all the other stuff identical) just smaller work fine?
I’m asking because I discovered once, that not every mp4 file is identical; some can be played without issues and some can’t. File size wasn’t the problem for me back then: 1GB file played, 5 MB did not.

So after do some more digging. I can play larger mp4s on the server where NC is installed. SO I remote to my server, Windows 2016, login to my NC and play a 2.5GB mp4. It takes a while to load but it eventually starts to play. When accessing NC from my Desktop I attempt to play the same mp4 where it eventually appears to time out and i get the error: The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

1 Like

Anybody???

Pretty sure it has to do with the video codec not beeing supported by the player.