These features planned?

Hi,
i really need 2 features which, i think, are not yet included in nextcloud 11 or beta 12.
First is a feature to share favoured files, so i can maintain a list of new/important files and share to other users/people (via link).
Second is a notification on downloaded files (not only public), so the admin can see which user viewed or downloaded a file.

I hope you can help me.
Thanks!

Hi @Wired_Life,

Maybe I’m missing a point, but while a number of files can be put into a folder and folders can be shared via link, you already

can maintain a list of new/important files and share to other users/people (via link).

The app “Activities for shared file downloads” provides the following feature:

Creates activities for downloads of files that were shared with other users or a group

After activating this app - at least I believe these settings come from this app :stuck_out_tongue: - you see the following activity settings under the personal settings:

• A public or via email shared file or folder was downloaded
  • A local shared file or folder was downloaded

So you can define if you want to be notified on your stream or via mail. However this doesn’t provide the feature to notify you about someone only accessing the file. I guess when someone edits a text file directly on the server for example, there will be no download notification, but I didn’t test that.