The Great Nextcloud Box Topic

What is the other hardware? Is it known when the other will be supported?

I cannot for the life of me find the profile folder, can anyone please help me? I ssh easy enough, but then have no idea where it is.

EDIT: Sorry I was getting confused I meant config.php :blush:

That’s good news. Can anything be said about how long relatively soon will be? 2 weeks? a month?
Thanks!

IIRC the main problem is that by scanning for files, you only update the filecache, but you won’t get anything in Activities, so it will depend on what’s important for you. And since you can scan per user, you could try with a fake one to see how it goes.

We’re trying to get support for cheap boards which are more powerful, but board vendors have to be willing to work with Canonical. A lot just offer compatibility with a basic version of Ubuntu and won’t support the security features required for a snap.
So no idea when and what. I wouldn’t be very excited if we supported a $99 computer, but maybe you would, so we’ll see what happens.

I’m guessing you mean the data folder? /var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud/data

I would expect it within 2 weeks. The image is ready, we’re only waiting for the paperwork to follow suit.

[quote=“oparoz, post:128, topic:3510”]
IIRC the main problem is that by scanning for files, you only update the filecache, but you won’t get anything in Activities, so it will depend on what’s important for you. And since you can scan per user, you could try with a fake one to see how it goes.[/quote]

Thanks, but I will just let it upload normally, its nearly all done now anyway.

I was trying to change to my own domain as server, and tflidd told me above to add an entry manually to my profile/profile.php file but I couldn’t find it.
(NB: sorry I meant config.php :blush:)

In the end I just followed the instructions on the Wiki:
sudo nextcloud.occ config:system:set trusted_domains 2 --value=your.domain
(Just out of interest, a huge guess, but if I entered sudo nextcloud.occ config:system:set trusted_domains 3 --value=your.domain would it add another to the list rather than overwriting the existing one?)

I had created a subdomain on my domain and forwarded it to my home network’s external IP but it still didnt work.
I created and forwarded the subdomain using options on my domain provider’s (AMEN.pt) interface and It turns out that I had to delete this and manually enter an A DNS with my home network’s external IP.

Now it all works and I am very happy.

The only thing that is not correct now is that I followed the instructions on the wiki to install a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate, and all said it was successful but when I connect through web I get a message that the site is not safe (with an error of the type ‘name on certificate is not same as domain’ I think)
I have to say I accept the risks etc to continue and then the ‘https//’ in the browser’s address bar is red with a strike-through.
Why is this and how can I rectify this, please?

Thanks very much for your very patient, rapid and helpful assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes and I should add something to the wiki…

Check the error message in the browser. The domain used probably doesn’t match what’s in the certificate. It has to be exactly the same.

You’re welcome!

Thanks again,

The error message is
" This server could not prove that it is my.domain; its security certificate is from olddomain.ddns.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

and when I look at the certificate it is still the one from ddns.net, not the new one from my domain

I have entered via SSH as per WIKI, the following (after setting up my new server, and entering the appropriate server on my domain):

sudo nextcloud.enable-https -d
Attempting to obtain certificates... done
Looks like you're ready for HTTPS!

and then

sudo nextcloud.enable-https
Attempting to obtain certificates... done
Restarting apache... done

but it still uses the old certificate.

So, can you tell me how do I replace/reallocate the certificate, or whatever else I should do?

1 Like

I think the problem must come from the fact that you Nextcloud is probably still configured to use the old domain. Check config.php

I finally found my config.php file at /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config, but I think it is already configured for my new domain; is this what I should have been looking for?

'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'ubuntu-standard.local',
    2 => 'my.new.domain',
  ),
2 Likes

Correct.

If the certificate you get is not for that domain name, please open a issue in the repository and the maintainer will take a look at it.

Last resort though, try to disable https and re-enable it to see if that fixes it.

Dis- and then re-enabling it didn’t work unfortunately, but not the end of the world.
I will open an issue when I work out how to do that :slight_smile:
EDIT: I just opened an issue

Thanks again

Your not the only one using an asuscomm.com
You did open the ports needed by nextcloud to connect though right?

-J

For hardware id like to see supported… Know everyone seems to be betting on RPI3 but id like to see things like some of the Banana Pi variants and/or ODROID supported… but I think a lot of it is depending on Cannocial … some hardware devices in the same genre as the Nextcloud Box are in process of moving from Arch to Debian… :The whole concept of snaps is an interesting variant of a virtual appliance …but its a bit early in its life and still has kinks to work out

Just to say, all working and very happy with it as a complete newb at these kinds of things :smile:

As input from my newb perspective to perhaps help people like me; the instructions for building the Nextcloud Linux client are very difficult to follow / incomplete when you dont have much background knowledge (I gave up and used the owncloud one). I’m only learning about Linux but managed to do this with more detailed instructions as given for other apps.

Someone was suggesting unplugging the drive and copying it via USB…
Cant you connect to the nextcloud box via FTP/SFTP/SCP and copy the files that way…
This makes a bit more sense for large file transfers …

Don’t think its supported natively or in the Nextcloud snap however…

Dumb question… does the nextcloud box support connecting via wifi… as in, if i put in a “known good” wifi fob into the pi on the nextbox… would i be able to load the wireless driver or would that be outside the snap and be unable to configure it…

I have exactly the same problem (can’t find config.php) on my Nextcloud BOX.

I want to change config.php settings for memory for the gallery app as I am getting “Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) at /snap/nextcloud/136/htdocs/lib/private/legacy/image.php#833”

I guess it has something to do with snaps.

Mine was in /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config

Thanks leigh, this helped me to solve the issue with not creating thumbnails due to memory configuration. It works now!

@oparoz my snap updated to 10 at some point, however it now no longer connects via web - connection refused.

ubuntu@ubuntu-standard:~$ sudo snap run nextcloud
error: cannot find app "nextcloud" in "nextcloud"
ubuntu@ubuntu-standard:~$ sudo snap refresh nextcloud
error: cannot refresh "nextcloud": snap "nextcloud" has no updates available
ubuntu@ubuntu-standard:~$