The following extra files have been found: tmp updating to V. 18.0.1

Greetings,
I am trying to upgrade to V. 18.0.1 from 17.0.3.
I am on a raspberry pi 4B 4gb

I keep having this error:
The following extra files have been found: tmp
I saw one relevant post that identify my same issue but the resolution does not seems to apply to my case (https://help.nextcloud.com/t/update-fails-due-to-folder-tmp-on-hosted-webserver/48600)
I already had (and have) my temp folder set in /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini and /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php set to the external HD where my data also is: /media/nextcloudtemp
however, I keep getting the same error.
I have made some preview updates within version 17 without problems. Now that I move to 18, I get the problem.
I also noticed that a folder names tmp is present in several other location (/tmp and /var). but is not referenced in any variable that I know of in Nextcloud. (I assume is for the raspbian os??)
Even if I try to temporarily rename those tmp folders, it wont work. and in the / (root), it simply gets recreated.
Any idea?
Does NC add more references to the temp folder?
Kattivius

FOLLOW UP:
when on the NCP administration (port 4443), there is an option under UPDATES: Update current instance to a new Nextcloud version. By default is set to 0. That means the most latest version.
HOWEVER, when applying, it mentions that my version is already the latest version.
When I am in my NC instance (web interface) I do have a reminder bell that notify me a new version is available, version 18.0.1.
As per above, I keep having tmp file error, I gave it a shot… and I replaced the 0 with the latest available version 18.0.1
And BANG… the installation took place .
My interface shows me I am on Nextcloud Hub. 18.0.1.
HOWEVER, when I am on the Nextcloud configuration (port 4443), it keeps giving me version 17.0.3.1!!!
Now, this is very odd to me!
As for now, I am happy and all seems to work fine.
But something tells me this is not really normal!
Can someone fill in the gaps for me?
What really is going on?
Note: I followed the update and I had no errors beside something related to the App Talk… not clear what it was… too fast to follow. I will probably desable it uninstall it and maybe try again later.

Having said that, my log does have errors (but not more than those I had before the update):
- Error PHP fread(): file created in the system’s temporary directory at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/Wrapper.php#91
- Error PHP Undefined index: changelogURL at /var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/WhatsNewController.php#91

thanks
kattivius

It means: the latest version that has been tested enough by NCP devs & team, to be released to all NCP users by means of nc-autoupdate-nc or manual update with nc-update-nextcloud (leaving 0). Afaik at this moment 0 = 17.0.2

As for /tmp directory issue, hard to say, without seeing the actual config in question, it could be a simple typo in the PATH. Owner of nc temp dir should be www-data.

Thanks @OliverV,
Why would NC give me a bell on top right mentioning new NC version different from the one on the NCP administration page?

About tmp, I will check (cant at this moment) and post 2 configs: config.php and php.ini.
Are those the only 2?
About the tmp folder owner: yes, both group and user are set to www-data
(and I will double check a possible typo… always a possibility after all)

So:
both congig.php and php.ini point to the correct folder on the external drive.
The folder has group and owner www-data
I did not see the same errors in logs anymore. but my webinterface was no longer reachable. ssh yes. Rebooted the Pi and now online again.
with this in the log:
Error PHP Undefined index: changelogURL at /var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/WhatsNewController.php#91
that is recurrent (yesterday as well).
I leave it alone for a coouple of hours and I will check the logs again…

@OliverV do you need some specific log?
Do temp files are specified else where that you know?

So…
monitoring the logs… today sunday 1st March… I am filled with errors and warnings. Mostly on PHP.
Yesterday I saw a lot of errors about almost any app I have …
Something is not going well but cant figure out what.
Anyone ideas for what could cause the following errors?
Logs today:

• Error PHP Undefined index: changelogURL at /var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/WhatsNewController.php#91
  • Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 10485760 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 3891200 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
  • Error PHP fread(): file created in the system’s temporary directory at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/Wrapper.php#91
    This last above comes like 30 times!
  • Error PHP filesize(): stat failed for /media/nuvoletta/ncdata/appdata_ocyxuokvmjte/preview/636129/64-64-crop.jpg at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/LargeFileHelper.php#172
  • Error PHP stat(): stat failed for /media/nuvoletta/ncdata/appdata_ocyxuokvmjte/preview/636129/64-64-crop.jpg at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#144
  • Error PHP filesize(): stat failed for /media/nuvoletta/ncdata/appdata_ocyxuokvmjte/preview/636122/256-128.jpg at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/LargeFileHelper.php#172
  • Error PHP unlink(/media/nuvoletta/ncdata/appdata_ocyxuokvmjte/preview/636092/128-256.jpg): No such file or directory at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#229

all the above messages come many times in the log.
I only reported one per each.

Beside the errors, the all cloud seems to be working fine.
Yesterday I did found the web GUI down… but after rebooting, it is stable again.
However, I dont think it is normal to have so many errors in logs?

Anyone can help?
Regards,
Kattivius