The Android app can't connect to the server

The app can’t connect to the server if I use the 3G/4G mobile network. It just say “No version of server can be found”.
I have opened port 80 and 443 in my firewall/router (pfSense 2.3.2 patch 1) and directed those ports to the IP where the Nextcloud server is installed on (Ubuntu server 16.10 64-bit).
It works if I use WiFi and if I’m on the same LAN network as the server.
It works on mobile network (outside my own network) if I use the web browser (Chrome) on my phone (Samsung Note 2).
It doesn’t work with the Nextcloud app on the phone if I’m on 3G/4G mobile network.

Hi @Unimatrix36,

thanks for posting this on the forum. Can you create a dummy account and send the server address + the dummy account slogin credentionials as a private message (via the forum) to @tobiasKaminsky and me (core devs of the Android app)? Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers,
Andy

Sorry to disappoint you, but I can’t connect to the server for some reason.
Well, I can connect to the server with Putty, but not to Nextcloud with the web browser.
I don’t know what happened. I shut down the Ubuntu server yesterday and booted it up again today.
The Nextcloud server doesn’t seem to work at all now.
I configured OpenVPN on the pfSense firewall yesterday. I don’t know if that messed things up.
It was an idea I had, to connect the phone to my network with OpenVPN and connect the Nextcloud app to the server that way. But I might have messed that up.

Thanks for the update @Unimatrix36, than it sounds like a general configuration issue regarding connectivity not related to the Android client in particular.

cc @MorrisJobke for server side knowledge :slight_smile: