Tasks app for nextcloud 11

After upgrading to nextcloud 11, carrying over installed apps was not possible (most of them were marked as incompatible), including the Tasks app. I uninstalled the incompatible apps, hoping I would be able to install a more recent, compatible version. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the Tasks app. Is it not available for nextcloud 11?

@raimund-schluessler :slight_smile:

In principle the Tasks app is compatible to Nextcloud 11. I just haven’t managed to release it to the Nextcloud appstore, since I was on holiday the last two weeks. I will do so on the next weekend at the latest.

2 Likes

@Cybran

You can also pull the latest Tasks App from https://github.com/nextcloud/tasks (use green button to the right “Clone or Download”) or download it directly through https://github.com/nextcloud/tasks/archive/master.zip.

Works like a charm on Nextcloud 11.

Thank you for the quick response! Glad to hear the app will be available again. I appreciate the effort you put into maintaining the Tasks app :slight_smile:

@Tamsy
Thank you for the suggestion! That might also be a great way to automate app upgrades from scripts, something I have been missing until now.

A workaround is to adjust the version requirements in the tasks/appinfo/info.xml. Just add <nextcloud min-version="10" max-version="11"/> to the <dependencies> section.

The app is working with this, but you will get integrity check errors afterwards, that you need to ignore.

The Tasks app is now available at the Nextcloud appstore.

4 Likes

@raimund-schluessler I upgraded from Nextcloud 10.0.0 to Nextcloud 11.0.3. Now, I would like to install the Tasks app for the first time ever, but I do not find it in the list of apps. What could be the reason for this?

Within the category “Organisation” (this is the category’s German translation, not sure what the English name is), I only see the following apps:

• Calendar (activated)
  • Contacts (activated)