Talked Issue (Recording in Talk

Hello

We have installed talked server repo on our same nextcloud server (Latest Version of Nextcloud) by following procedure

And installed the talked client from app store. Registered the commands as:

sudo -u www-data php occ talk:command:add recording Talked “php /var/www/html/nextcloud/files/occ talked:record {ROOM} {ARGUMENTS}” 2 2

But when run command in chat /recording start, it says “An error occurred while running the command. Please ask an administrator to check the logs.”

Logs:
InvalidArgumentException: Chat command failed [Code: 1]: php /var/www/html/nextcloud/files/occ talked:record ‘du4jf9ty’ ‘start’

Error: Attempt to read property “message” on null at /var/www/html/nextcloud/files/apps/talked/lib/Command/Record.php#204

Please suggest simple procedure of Talked.

Thanks

Did you check the documentation?

Says only public calls with guests allowed may be recorded, among other limitations.

Can you plz explain what is meant by public calls with guest?

I am trying to call recording between the users which exist in my nextcloud.

Hi

I have created new conversation and invited nextcloud user as a guest via link, then enter the command in conversation /recording start. It gives same error

Logs:
InvalidArgumentException: Chat command failed [Code: 1]: php /var/www/html/nextcloud/files/occ talked:record ‘du4jf9ty’ ‘start’

Error: Attempt to read property “message” on null at /var/www/html/nextcloud/files/apps/talked/lib/Command/Record.php#204

Please help to resolve the issue

Thanks

You should try asking the developer directly. File an issue on their github repo and send them your logs so they can actually respond and help you out. Good luck.

Re-check all of the setup steps, because there are way more than you mention in your post. Never heard anyone discuss this app before on the forum, but it is clearly super complicated and in early development…

I have opened issue in github, waiting for response.

If someone else experienced this app, let me know plz

thanks

So here is the solution, it may help someone

@just thanks because of your reply i moved to github and posted issue, author of talked helped a lot in this

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Have trouble setting up Talked recordings on Nextcloud