Talk wont install due to missing table

Hi everyone!

I have a running Nextcloud instance in k8s with the image “19.0.2-fpm-alpine” but when I try to install Talk it gives me the following error:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT * FROM “oc_talk_commands” WHERE (“app” = ?) AND (“command” = ?)’ with params ["", “help”]: SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR: relation “oc_talk_commands” does not exist LINE 1: SELECT * FROM “oc_talk_commands” WHERE (“app” = $1) AND ("co… ^

How do I get the table back? I could like to create it, can someone give me the table specs? Or is there another way to get this table?

Thank you so much!

are there any setup-errors left to be solved?

@JimmyKater no all checks are passed in Settings -> Administration -> Overview.

thats good!

though I’d recommend to look into the manual to find out how to correctly use occ:add_missing_tables (and _columns) and try that with your instance

unfortunately there is no add_missing_tables:

./occ db:add_missing_tables

Command “db:add_missing_tables” is not defined.

Did you mean one of these?
db:add-missing-columns
db:add-missing-indices
db:convert-filecache-bigint
db:convert-mysql-charset
db:convert-type

try those…

yes sry forgot to mention that I did that with no success.

sigh - :man_shrugging:

The commands just install optional things, they will not fix “manually deleted tables”.

question: when I update nextcloud, will this table be created? or do I have to add it manually?

Well the main question is why is it missing?
Did you delete it manually?

Maybe this helps you:

2 Likes

yes I deleted it manually due to an installation error in the first place. I wanted to have a clean wipe of talk, did not work out. :slightly_frowning_face:

BUT your complete reset tip helped! THAT IS AMAZING! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :smiley: :heart:

@nickvergessen awww. ok I didn’t know that. The question then would be: how could this table get lost all of a sudden :wink:

Thanks for explaining that to me.

like I said, I deleted it manually because of another error I got. Unfortunately deleting some tables is not the only thing you have to do. Also delete some entries in other tables as described by @nickvergessen to completely reset the installation. After that I was able to install it via GUI.

Again, thank you guys so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i saw that too late, sorry. and of course you already have said that.

no worries :smiley: glad you helped!