Im facing with some difficulties with nextcloud talk notifications. As summary, im writing here the steps i made:
First i have installed nextcloud, and nextcloud talk on RHEL 8 environment (home lab). Since everything worked fine, I have installed another instance at work lab environment (RHEL 9, the old instance was ereased)
The problems started here. I realized that some of the iOS devices are not getting any notifications on talk app, while on the android devices everything went smoothly.
After some debug, i realized the followings:
Once I click on a username on
talk app, a coloumn is being created on my mysql server under
oc_notifications and at
oc_notifications_pushhash. After sending a message to that user, the coloumn is still exist on both tables. On the affected devices (where push notifications are not working) if I click on that message, the coloumn from
oc_notifications_pushhash table is gone.
I think i’ve tried every possible steps (reinstall, changing domain name, etc.) to solve this issue, without any luck.
I think it might be some blacklist at push-notifications.nextcloud.com, since some of the affected iOS devices started working suddenly.
I also tried to send test notifications through occ, and i got the same
no device found for user message. Btw, on freshly added devices (both ios and android) all the notifications work smoothly. Also, the affected users are able to get messages on other (non iOS) devices (web browser and android)
Nextcloud version :
Talk Server version :
php version :
SCAP policies applied -
Custom Signaling server configured:
Custom TURN server configured:
Custom STUN server configured:
In case mobile Nextcloud Talk apps are involved:
Talk iOS version :