Sync nextcloud addressbook with AVM fritzbox

Just send a question to AVM regarding support of Nextcloud. See

1 Like

I just updated to recent FRITZ!OS 07.12 and it is still not possible to sync my nextcloud address book, only 1&1, gmx, google, …

it is still only available in the developer version, for some fritzboxes https://avm.de/fritz-labor/frisch-aus-der-entwicklung/frisch-aus-der-entwicklung/

well recent 7.12 is only half true as 7.20 is already delivered for some routers and repeaters. maybe your router didn’t get it’s update, yet. but it’s about to come and depending upon your model.

and does syncing addressbook with fritzbox work in fritz!os 7.20?

as i’m no lover of betaversions so i haven’t tried it, yet (as my router wasn’t updated, neither)
Dunno if @rakekniven got an answer to his inquiry from above…

Oh, forgot to respond here.

Using v7.20 in my 7590 for more than three weeks now. It works reliable!
We have more than 400 contacts in our addressbook. Cleared the default one and added a new one based on our Nextcloud.

4 Likes

how did you set it up?

it is not working for me.

I always get Error Code 26

which URL are you entering? the one to each adressbook?

you just need to copy the URL of the settings of the addressbook in question into the configuration of the fritz.box and complete the credential information.

1 Like

But the Fritz Box just syncs the contacts from its own adressbook. Shared Adress Books don’t sync on the Fritz Box in my case.
Or did somebody get that working?

What kind of certificate do you use? Selfsigned?

the major question is: is your FB already running FritzOS >7.20

works for me with FB 7590 7.20 and NC 19 running on Qnap 251+ NAS as Docker container with Letencrypt cert (+pihole local DNS server)

Sure. Connecting Fritz.Box and Nextcloud wasn’t possible before 7.20 (or at least not out of the Box…).

so is your problem solved now?

No, how? I just wanted to remind that the option to sync Fritz.Box with Nextcloud is just available since actual Fritz OS 7.20 and had not been possible before; I tried that and found that bug.
So without another Fritz.Box update nothing will change as long as the bug isn’t depending on Nextcloud.
So my Fritz.Box got an own Nextcloud account, and in addition to its on contacts has read access to the shared adress books of my family. These are shown as they should in the Fritz.Box Nextcloud account, but don’t sync to the Box itself.

@Cryx

I’d susggest to open a new thread and relink it to this one… as this one is solved (in general it now IS possible to sync your NC-addressbooks to FritzOS v >=7.20.

Don’t forget to add as much information as possible about the referring systems (meaning NC and your Fritzbox)… to give the forum as realistic chance to find out about your problem and maybe even solve it.

Good luck

Upgraded my 7590 to v7.21 and CardDav is not working.

v7.21 on 7490 is working like a charm @rakekniven. maybe saving, factoryreset, restoring?

Rebooting or resetting my Fritzbox is not an option on saturday evening with my young netflix ladies :angry:

EDIT: Sent a twitter message to AVM and waiting for reply. Will reboot tomorrow morning :wink:

1 Like

Something new here?