Sync looks like it's working but nothing appears in the nc calendar

Nextcloud version: 27.0.2
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 22.04
Apache or nginx version: Apache v2.4.52
PHP version: v8.1.2
NC is hosted on a VPS using the above software

Hi. I hope someone will be able to help. I’ve just re-started using nc. (I tried it about two years ago for a short time and then stopped). It installed easily but despite spending hours I can’t seem to crack the problem below.

I have installed the two syncing add ons (TbSync and Provider for caldav and carddav) on Thunderbird and they appear to be working but nothing appears in nc on the server.

The same is true for my Android phone. I’ve installed Davx5 and it appears to be working but nothing appears on nc.

I haven’t a clue why this should be so. I’m not getting any error messages in the log. I’ve spent hours reading the posts in help but I can’t find one that has a solution that’s relevant.

I’m really excited by the prospect of having my appointments and contacts all synced on desktop, phone and cloud without having google know more about me than I do, so if anyone can solve this I’d be eternally grateful.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : Yes

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Logs show nothing

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
        $CONFIG = array (
          'instanceid' => 'oc77sln2x1jd',
          'passwordsalt' => 'eWFsM/7i5LF+xvAekdgTc02FCki+uE',
          'secret' => 'x/SIqtPB/jdq6bIx7XLKKqLlMyCrWuI6OUHWUJD3NiFQclOt',
          'trusted_domains' => 
          array (
            0 => 'cloud.xxx.uk',
          ),
          'datadirectory' => '/var/www/cloud/data',
          'dbtype' => 'mysql',
          'version' => '27.0.2.1',
          'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.xxx.uk',
          'dbname' => 'cloud',
          'dbhost' => 'localhost:5432',
          'dbport' => '',
          'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
          'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
          'dbuser' => 'xxxxxxx',
          'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxx',
          'installed' => true,
        );

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`:
```There are no recent entries in the error log as far as I can see.

``

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

There are some errors regarding your setup.

• Last background job execution ran 9 days ago. Something seems wrong. Check the background job settings :arrow_upper_right:.

• Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

• The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not set to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips :arrow_upper_right:.

• You have not set or verified your email server configuration, yet. Please head over to the Basic settings in order to set them. Afterwards, use the “Send email” button below the form to verify your settings.

• The database is used for transactional file locking. To enhance performance, please configure memcache, if available. See the documentation :arrow_upper_right: for more information.

• Your installation has no default phone region set. This is required to validate phone numbers in the profile settings without a country code. To allow numbers without a country code, please add “default_phone_region” with the respective ISO 3166-1 code :arrow_upper_right: of the region to your config file.

• No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.

• Module php-imagick in this instance has no SVG support. For better compatibility it is recommended to install it.

Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

Check the security of your Nextcloud over our security scan :arrow_upper_right:.

Version

Nextcloud Hub 5 (27.0.2)

Which version of Thunderbird are u using?

In 115.2.0 i can just go to calendar - new calendar (left bottom corner) - on the Network
add my CalDav url and add all or some of my calendars there. Sxnc works ootb here.

Sorry forgot to post in english first…

Hi FadeFx

Many thanks for the tip. Ubuntu is still using an old version of Thunderbird. I just updated to 115 and very easily connected to my NC installation. Thunderbird and the NC calendar are now syncing beautifully :slight_smile:

I still can’t get my android phone to sync, but I haven’t really tried yet, so I’ll do some more research.

Anyway once again Thank you!

Works like a charm with davdroid…

Btw, please mark the thread as solved…

Just to close this topic Davx5 (I think this is an update of Davdroid) was working fine. It chose a different calendar from the one I was actually using. Once I noticed and changed calendar everything was and still is working wonderfully.

sry, i was actually thinking of DAVx5 when writing DAVDroid…

you should actually mark the answer that solved your issue, this will show right below your question, so others can easily find the solution.