Sync Local Files to be Viewable by Server

Nextcloud version: 11.0.2
Operating system and version: Raspbian Jessie Lite
Apache or nginx version: Apache latest? nothing to update, so I assume latest
PHP version: PHP5? nothing to update, so I assume latest

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): Yes, more below.

The issue I am facing: So I have a lot of files, like most of us. The problem I face is that whenever I go t set up my server, the files that already exist on the drive do not appear. The only way I can get them to appear is by adding the external storage link to the local directory. Then, as soon as I remove that external storage, the folders disappear. Is there any way to sync these preexisting files with my server without 1. uploading them again, or 2. using a ghost folder for external storage? (at least in the sense that the other folders that exist on the drive appear in the home page as folders that are not external storages.) Sorry if that was stupidly confusing!

This really doesn’t require any log information, I think it’s pretty general, and clearly not a software “problem”, but if you need them, I can post them later!

Thanks so much! :slight_smile: Nextcloud is so much better than OwnCloud! (I’m a new convert!) BTW I had the same problem on OwnCloud too, in case anybody was wondering.