During our tests we’ve observed that when we create, remove or modify some file on a shared folder (folder is owned by a 3rd user), clients take more than 10 minutes to detect that change. It doesn’t matter if client is on linux, mac or windows. If we ask for “Sync now” button, client says “All synced”. In web all the changes are visible inmediatelly.
Changes on self-owned folders are detected and applied inmediately in all clients.
Let me describe it in a more precise way:
- UserA owns “Shared_folder”. He shares that folder with Circle_ABC where UserA, UserB and UserC belongs to.
- UserB has two computers: one mac and one windows
- UserC has a win computer.
At 10.00 a.m.
- UserB adds “New_file” to “Shared folder” in his client folder of his windows computer
- UserB removes “Dropped_file” from “Shared folder” in his client folder in his mac
- UserB adds “Another_new_file” into his personal folder of his windows machine
- UserC upload a file “userC_new file” through web interface to “Shared folder”
A few seconds later
- All users can see the changes in the web interface
- UserB can see “Another_new_file” in his mac machine (personal space)
- No other changes are observed in the sync clients. It doesn’t matter if “Sync now” button in clicked
- All changes are applied on the respective clients.
As we use intensively shares for work. There’s any way to reduce that timeframe with shared folders? Any config parameter? maybe use the notify_push application?