[Suggestion] Multiple keyword search

Hi !

Iā€™m about to migrate from zimbra.free.fr to nextcloud but thereā€™s some crucial features not embeded in Nextcloud yet. One of them is the ability to search a contact from multiple keywords AND with logical operators. My search requests are working on ā€œEntrepriseā€ and ā€œFunctionā€ labels.
Example : ā€œstructureName -adminā€ in order to select all profil of a structure without the administrators employees.

I experiment that logical operators (the exclusion one ā€˜-ā€™ is really usefull for my job) arenā€™t implemented in the search engine. But it also seems that you canā€™t do an ā€œandā€ operator (meaning using 2 keywords separated with a space) searching both in ā€œEntrepriseā€ and ā€œFunctionā€ labels of a profil.

I think itā€™s a suggestion that could be implemented with not so much effort. Specially the ability to search through all fields when a simple ā€œandā€ operator is used. Maybe it could slow the search process but we can imagine forcing a ā€œall fieldsā€ searching when a ā€œ+ā€ is used. ā€¦

Thanks

We have an opened issue in github: https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/issues/313
Letā€™s continue there :slight_smile: