Substitute for Doodle?

[details=“Support intro”]

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

looking for a Nextcloud app like Doodle

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

Calendar / Appointments do not appear to have a feature to select meeting times from a selection list. Is there a Nextcloud App that is good for this?

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Just a question about finding an App.

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): replace me
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): replace me
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing: simple - described above.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Ask the question!

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

n/a

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

n/a

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

n/a

n/a

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

j/a
2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I scanned and searched but was in a calendaring mindset and didn’t think the obvious, “poll.” Needed to reframe.

@private.guy
Maybe you also like the app Forms
I think Forms is a great survey app.

The user can select a date or for special dates you must use text fields.

While and after survey you can export to CSV.
You can also use text fields e.g. to get optinal names of persons, …

Do Poll and Forms require that respondents have accounts under my umbrella or just respond via a browser?

Forms looks interesting too.

FYI: I’m a volunteer in a senior living community and active in helping others. I serve as an admin for our resident managed web site. There are 2,400 of us so there are many questions.

Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Afaik they don’t need any account to fill in the surveys, it’s depending on the setup of the poll.

Best thing is: just trying it…

BTW all my respect for your work with senior ppl. Great!

1 Like

Try out both. Each works a little differently.