Strange Behaviour: My external storage is setup but seems sync is writing to root

Hi,

I got everything up and running till i started syncing from desktop to nextcloud. ( raspberry pi, openmediavault, nextcloud. External storage one hdd 2 TB )

During sync it gave me warning storage is full …

I have checked all my paths and everything and i cant find the mistake. Yet i do see that my root partitition is at 100% and my 2Tb drive is at 1%. So although the paths have been set in nextcloud it seems that it still writes the data to the root, although i can not find any directories or files been created in root. All seem to be created on the external hdd but the data doesn’t show there.

Screenshots of setup

here is the external storage setup

the external storage under personal:

and here the folders where it marks the folder as an external data folder:

When i look with putty under the external map NextCloudData i can find all maps created by the sync but half of them are empty because sync is not possible anymore. yet in nextcloud i can only see 7 maps and not all to them.

So what is going on?
the command to give the www-data folder was:
sudo chown -r www-data:www-data /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cloud

How can i tell nextcloud to save all the data to the nextcloudData folder on the external hdd So that it has the full 2 TB to work with

the external storage under personal:

and here the folders where it marks the folder as an external data folder:

I think you’ve had a fundamental misunderstanding of the external storage app. Your Nextcloud data folder needs to be on this other drive as mounted by the host OS, not by Nextcloud.

e.g. mount the external drive to /srv and place your Nextcloud data folder at /srv/nextcloud