Step 7 is currently in process. Please reload this page later

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slight_frown:

If you’re urgently looking for support to keep your business running, consider checking out our paid support options.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the following as you can (you can cut and paste this into your topic):

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): 16.04.03
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.18
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): it’s “stuck” on Updater process

The issue you are facing: clicked on “Updater” in Admin page, it shows “Step 7 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.” and stuck like this for the past 24 hours.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging: I left it for more than 24 hours so I don’t think the output has anything relative any more.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!): uh…you meant found in '/path/to/nextcloud/config directory, right?

https://pastebin.com/LXa6qp7m

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

As I stated earlier, I left the process for more than 24 hours, so I don’t think “tail” of error.log has any relevant info.

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

Just check the logfile what was logged the last 24h. Without error messages, it is impossible to tell you what went wrong. Is this your own server? To fix it, you can do a manual upgrade:

• Make full backup
  • Delete everything except data/-folder and config/-folder
  • Get 12.0.1 code from Nextcloud server changelog
  • Extract archive, fix permissions (www-data is owner)
  • Execute sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ/upgrade

thank you, tflidd, for reminding me the “second method” of upgrading NC.

Just want to point out a little typo of yours…the command to execute is

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

(a space between ‘occ’ and ‘upgrade’)…this is just for someone else that finds this thread…