Spanish client error: la ficha de estado no corresponde

Nextcloud version: 16.0.3
Operating system and version: Manjaro Linux Kernel: 4.19.62-1-MANJARO
Apache version: 2.4.39
PHP version: 7.3.8

The issue you are facing:

My server is up and running, works flawlessly for my girlfriend and I in NY, however, I recently made an account for my mother in Colombia and the spanish language client throws the error

la ficha de estado no corresponde

I’m not sure what this means as I am not as fluent in spanish as I am in english, especially when it comes to technical things. This is also not a login issue as it only occurred after she got the login info right. I can log into her account on both my mobile devices an laptop.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):
Yes.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Have nextcloud server in the US
  2. Log into account from Colombia on the NextCloud IOS app with the correct information

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Warning	Login failed: 'ayde' (Remote IP: '191.92.7.40')	
2019-08-18T22:25:21-0400
2019-08-18T22:24:21-0400
2019-08-18T22:19:24-0400
2019-08-18T22:18:20-0400

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (                                                                    
  'instanceid' => 'oc4x0g1hbcz9',
  'passwordsalt' => '****',
  'secret' => '****',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'cloud.***.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '16.0.3.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '****',
  'dbname' => '****',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost:443',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => '****',
  'dbpassword' => '*****',
  'installed' => true,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

No error logs from today

It said that the login failed. If it was tried too many times, there is the bruteforce detection (this normally just slows down things). Are you sure the password and everything are right. I already had troubles when people were using different keyboard layouts (it was on the wrong language, it should be less problematic on touch screen displays). And perhaps some traps regarding spelling (e in english could be an i in others). Can she try from a different device?

I believe you are correct. She did in fact mistype her password a few times which must’ve triggered brute force detection. I simply had her try to login again today and it worked! Thanks!