Some questions regarding NCP

• What encryption is NOT dangerous for files/apps? On the NCP side it gives a warning and end-to-end sais the same. Iā€™d like to encrypt everything/as much as possible. Including my usb which runs most things.

• How to use CSP?

• I experienced that people donā€™t think itā€™s required to make the NCP more secure. But I do. So if thereā€™s somebody out here who agrees with me, which steps did you take with which softwares?

• I remember owncloud having apps to use external storage like dropbox and google drive. Iā€™ve tried to enable the gdrive app in NCP 15, but after that my NCP didnā€™t work anymore so I had to manually delete it. Being able to use the NCP with external storage other than usb drives would be nice.

• How does the PDF converter work? I tried it on a document, and set the rules to ā€œmatchā€ and then exact filename. But nothing happens to my .doc file.

• How does the video viewer work?

• How come I can not listen to songs on my android? Itā€™s not supported somehow. Canā€™t the NCP stream the audio so that the phone can just listen?

• Why is apache2 used? Nginx seems more suitable for nextcloud?

I had more questions but I canā€™t think of them now :stuck_out_tongue:

ps: I installed OSSEC and OSSEC gave me this warning:
Rule: 510 fired (level 7) -> ā€œHost-based anomaly detection event (rootcheck).ā€
Portion of the log(s):

Trojaned version of file ā€˜/bin/grepā€™ detected. Signature used: ā€˜bash|givemer|/dev/ā€™ (Generic).

So either NCP comes with a trojan, or OSSEC is confused. Which one is it? And how to fix it?

Why canā€™t I use gmail as a email service? It canā€™t authorize or something, while I use the correct smtp and imap servers and ports. Username/pass is ok too. So why does it fail?