Solved: Update from 13.0.4 to 13.0.5 fails

[/details]

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 13.0.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0

The issue you are facing:
After upgrading from 13.0.4 to 13.0.5 using the web updater I only get a white page after the last step and then returning to my nextcloud home.
I tried “occ upgrade” but only get this:

(uiserver):~/owncloud$ php7.1-cli occ upgrade
The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Class 'OCA\Theming\ThemingDefaults' not found in /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php:944
Stack trace:
#0 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(113): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#1 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(116): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('ThemingDefaults')
#2 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('ThemingDefaults')
#3 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(1838): OC\ServerContainer->query('ThemingDefaults')
#4 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(62): OC\Server->getThemingDefaults()
#5 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/console.php(88): OC\Console\Application->__construct(Object(OC\AllConfig), Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher), Object(OC\AppFramework\Http\Request), Object(OC\Log))
#6 /homepages/41/htdocs/owncloud/occ(11): require_once('/homepages/41/d...')
#7 {main}

Update:
Switched to mantainance mode and the occ upgrade worked.
Switched back to normal mode and getting the 500-Error again.
Every command I run with occ results with the error given in my first post.

Please try to do the update manually.

1 Like

I did a fresh install and copied my data/config. Now everything works again.
Thank you.