After having met a bug with the trashbin (https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/22475 - Trash get fully emptied when Cron runs (v18.0.8 and v19.0.2)) I try to apply the patch in https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/22528
I modified apps/files_trashbin/lib/Trashbin.php with the new version, but it doesn’t work: the “deleted files” in the web UI of nextcloud disappears (I try to reboot: no change).
If I put back the old version of Trashbin.php, it works again.
What am I doing wrong?
I also tried to replace the whole folder by https://github.com/nextcloud/server/tree/master/apps/files_trashbin (setting the right access right and ownerships to www-data)
But then the web UI just remains blank and I have this in the log:
- Error PHP Interface ‘OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap’ not found at /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin/lib/AppInfo/Application.php#42
- Error jsresourceloader Could not find resource js/config.js to load
That was a bit too much, the app is generally incompatible with older releases, the fix has to be applied with care.
The fix was backported to 18 here: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/22554. You can download a patch from https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/nextcloud/server/pull/22554.patch. This should apply fine on your Nextcloud 18 installation (once your undo the app replacement).
You are downloading the
master file, while your server is v18 or v19.
Download the correct file from the correct branch please:
3 more things:
- Don’t EVER apply upgrades without a full backup
- Don’t EVER apply upgrades without testing it on a STAGING server
- At very least, if your system is critical, apply upgrades delayed and after looking up GIT/Forum for critical issues reported.
Thanks for your feedback, it worked I used the correct version for NC19 in https://github.com/nextcloud/server/blob/82239d8e3e0cb7b8992f3411320e362770cb26a2/apps/files_trashbin/lib/Trashbin.php
Issue is solved, thanks
of course, but why tf are new features introduced into a minor release?