[Solved] Sharing mechanism defective

Sorry, guys – I have an unpleasant confession to make: The share error described below was completely caused by the browser Add-On uBlock! :flushed:

Although the Nextcloud domain was on its whitelist in my Firefox and Vivaldi browsers, both the “Share Link - Enable” checkbox and the share settings menu got removed. Once the add-on is deactivated, both can be seen again, so there is no error in Nextcloud.

My apologies!

Hi folks!

We have a Nextcloud 14.0.4 in use on an Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS connected to MariaDB 10.2.19.

Very suddenly the complete file sharing mechanism of the entire Nextcloud instance is down. This was discovered yesterday when Nextcloud 14.0.3 was still running. The update to 14.0.4 did not bring any change.

That’s what it looks like:

1. Link sharing does no longer work at all. Irrespective of the admin setting “Allow users to share via link”, there is no user with the corresponding checkbox in their “Sharing” area.

2. Internal shares with groups or users can still be created, but cannot be revoked any time later, since the corresponding entry in the context menu is missing, too.

3. Addendum: With Nextcloud Desktop Client (Windows) share links can still be created and apparently revoked. However, these are not displayed in the Web GUI.

I’ve already cancelled and reset all share settings. I also deactivated and reactivated the app “File sharing”. Both to no avail, though. It didn’t change anything.

In the log, there’s not a single entry of any level beyond “Info”.

Any suggestions are welcome!

TIA

Screenshots: