[Solved] Nextcloud security Scan. Rescan doesnt work + wron url

Nextcloud version 11.0.4
Operating system and version Ubuntu 16.04
Apache 2.4.18
PHP version 5.6.31
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:

Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

Not sure but use https://scan.nextcloud.com/ to scan a NC instance. PN me for the url of my servers.

The issue you are facing:

i had a similar problem as in Security Scanner show different version than Nextcloud so i hit the rescan button. It tells me it will take up to 5 Minutes. 5 Days later it has not rescaned my instance. I tried it multiple times. It still says: Running Nextcloud 11.0.2.7 Scanned at 2017-07-22 06:11:47 This is an issue to all my 4 servers under the same Domain (different subdomains though)

Additionally my Production instance shows the url as sub.domain.com/owncloud. I can confirm, that this instance NEVER was setup this way. Its just sub.domain.com. This is only an issue for my prod machine (one of the 4 aforementioned subdomains).

Thanks in Advance for any inputs on this.
Gerald

using the searchfunction sometimes could turn out to be helpful… :wink:
just to name a few…

Sometimes reading the whole opening post would be helpful :wink:

Just to clearify:

Your first link refers to: probably solved by this https://help.nextcloud.com/t/is-nextcloud-security-scan-broken/21182/3
Which delivers an: Oops, not found message.

Your second link doesnt reflect my Problem.

The third sends me to a github discussion, about how this feature is just broken. Last Post from Sep. 15th. I missed that in my initial search, thanks for pointing me to it.

The Fourth is suggesting that the team is aware of it as of Aug. 20th.

I would strongly suggest to set the scan.nextcloud.com site under Maintenance, and telling peple its not working at the moment.

Just take it down til it works since this is a little embarressing. And please dont blame me for not using the search function, for as i did, thanks.

Gerald

sorry for blaming you for something that you aren’t guilty of.

thanks for updating me with the broken link-thing.

i was just grabbing those links from all the upcoming links of which i thought they might be helpful.

i bet the team knows even longer about this issue. someone even suggested to mark this feature as being under maintenence… apparently devs have loads of other stuff that keeps them 'happy" at the moment :wink:

No problem.

I will just ignore the scan thingy for the moment, and maybe join the discussion on github.

Would be nice if we got notified if anything changes in this matter.

Thanks
Gerald

1 Like